How To Draw Mandalas For Healing, Personal Growth and Intuitive Insights
There are actually LOTS of different kinds of mandalas, and I wish there was another term for this style of art, because calling them mandalas feels appropriative to me.
What I am talking about here are mandalas as in circular drawings which represent sacred wholeness, not Buddhist Mandalas.
In this way, a mandala can actually be anything - I used to do creativity workshops where we made healing mandalas which were a simple circle drawn on a sheet of paper, filled in with collage elements to represent you personal healing journey.
There are many, many ways to play with mandalas. This is not "The Way" but it is one way that is:
- ACCESSIBLE- you do NOT need to know how to draw in order to draw mandalas for healing, personal growth and intuitive insights
- SIMPLE - you'll be able to start drawing these mandalas before you even finish reading this page
- EFFECTIVE - this is a creative process that WILL yield inner results
So you can learn how to draw mandalas for healing, personal growth and intuitive insights - even if you're no good at drawing or have no experience with this kind of thing.
Learning how to draw mandalas is actually less about drawing more about slowing down and opening up to your inner creative and intuitive flow.
You'll be doing simple lines and shapes that anyone can do - and it doesn't matter if your lines are crooked ;) Pretty much ALL of my mandalas end up being kind of wobbly - that's part of their charm AND it's part of how I get the inner benefits of drawing mandalas - the healing, personal growth and intuitive insight part.
Drawing mandalas is a simple, reflective, repetitive creative practice is super good for your brain, your heart and your soul.
How To Draw Mandalas. Even if you can't draw:
We'll start with a uber-simple little Mandala so you can see how it works:
- Draw a small circle.
- Think of it as a compass. Add triangles that point to North, South, East and West.
- Add triangle points in between North, South, East and West. Now you've got 8 spaces to play with... these are your 8 Slices Of Pie.
- Add a circle to the end of each triangle. Now you're starting to see how it works...
- Keep building it! Every time you add something to your Mandala, add it to each of the 8 Slices Of Pie. You can add circles, domes, triangles, squares, lines, waves and outlines... and play with different ways of doing circles, domes, triangles, squares, lines, waves and outlines. You can also make up secret symbols, totally break the rules or do anything else you want to do - it's YOUR Mandala.
** This is just to get you started. Of course once you've got the hang of you, you'll choose which shapes to put where.
Or watch this longer video where I show you how to draw mandalas in detail:
The most important thing to know about how to draw a mandala for healing, personal growth and intuitive insights is to LISTEN.
Because drawing Mandalas isn't actually about drawing!
Drawing mandala is about connecting - deeply - to your inner wisdom and creative flow.
It's about learning to be more intuitive and building paths so your intuition can send you messages and advice when you need it. And about learning how to LIVE more in tune with your unique creative flow.
It's about exquisite self-care and being fiercely committed to discovering your authentic self and finding ways to make it easier and more fun to stay on the path every day.
And it's about expressing what's going on inside you.
Because it's not about what your mandalas look like - your mandalas will be wildly enlightening.
You need to practice drawing mandalas while listening to your inner voice.
And you need to practice a lot.
Practice staying present with your process. Practice listening to your inner wisdom about what to do next with your mandala. Practice noticing what feels right as you draw and colour.
As you practice, you'll learn how to receive (and, over time, understand!) the message behind your mandala and how it can help bring you whatever it is you need right now: healing, comfort, insights or brilliant flashes of inspiration.
All of that will NOT happen immediately - that comes with practice.
You know how amazing it is when you get just the right message at just the right time and the feeling is so electric the little hairs on your arms stand up?
I get that feeling ALL THE TIME from drawing mandalas.
I receive healing, personal growth and intuitive insights from my mandalas because I practice all the time.
It might take some time before you mandala practice really "clicks".
But hang in there!
I was going to say "there is magic in this practice" but that's not true. There is magic in you.
This practice can help you draw it out.
As I say in the tutorial video: learning how to draw mandalas is really about practicing listening to and acting on your intuitive voice.
And that is probably why you are so drawn to work with mandalas.
You can feel that there's a depth, an opening, a bit of magic in them.
They're not just cute little drawings.
Something deeper is happening. There is something for you here.
Your mandala is the universe speaking to you through your intuitive, creative voice.
I mean how cool is that?
The more you practice, the more clearly that voice will speak through your mandalas.
If you're really into this creative intuitive dream stuff - I've got a fantastic free class for you!
Let me show you my secret weapon in the fight against boring dream-less living.
The Dream Lab is the basic practice I use to help my clients and students make their dreams real. In this free version you get:
- * Videos where I lead you through the whole thing in depth - there's even a bonus video where I explain how transformation works
- * A super fun hand illustrated playbook
- * Case studies where you can listen to me guide some of my clients through this process
If you have ever wished for a better way to make your dreams come true - you want to take this class!!!
Sign up now: